Monday, February 21, 2011

New cards to share...


Finally! Sorry for the lapse, I just have not had much to share. My mojo was in hiding for a while, and I just never had anything I was excited enough to blog about. In fact, it really seems like lately the only time I take time to be creative is when I have a class planned. I have been working on some cards for a Stamp a Stack coming up on March 13th, so I HAD to get something made, might as well share it!!

I think that the Occasions mini catalog was just what my mojo needed --I loved nearly everything in it! And yes, that means I bought nearly everything in it, and plan to get the rest as soon as possible! AND since it is Sale-a-Bration, I got a few new things for free as well. With all the new stamps, tools and papers I am surrounded by right now, I found a few things to get my creative juices flowing. As a matter of fact, I ended up with 11 cards I like, and now the hard part is to choose which 5 to use for my Stamp a Stack. Feel free to let me know your opinion if you have one! Of course, since have made 12 cards so far, maybe I will just plan a second class in April, and do them all :)

Anyway, here are the cards that I thought were cute enough to share.

I just love the new Create a Cupcake stamp set and coordinating punch. I combined these with the adorable Ice cream parlor designer paper available through SAB, and some fun Melon Mambo pom pom trim. I love the fun colors of this card.


This next card uses the beautiful new "Bliss" Sale a Bration set. The color combo here is Crumb Cake, Blushing Bride, Pink Pirrouette and Very Vanilla - I love these colors together! I was inspired by the challenge site Colour Q -- I love following along with these challenges, and often find new favorite color combos as a result!


Unfortunately, I have found a real need for Sympathy and Get Well cards lately, so I have designed a few that will work well for these needs. Great thing in designing these for classes, if if participants don't need sympathy cards, a thank you or thinking of you would work just as well. I think this is my favorite new set - called Nature Walk from the occasions mini catalog. I hope to find more time to play with this set and really share it's beauty and versatility. I love every stamp in this set! I used Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso and Naturals Ivory - I love this combo.

I actually purchased 2 new "sympathy" sets, this one (Thanks for Caring) from the occasions mini, and Thoughts and Prayers. I have needed a good sympathy set for quite a while, and with these two, I know I will be able to make all the sympathy and get well cards I need for a while. I love this one, which uses my new Framed Tulips embossing folder as well as my new eyelet border punch to accent this set. I also used the Springtime Vintage Designer Paper, which I just LOVE!


Keeping with the same color combo and stamp set, I designed a second sympathy/get well choice.

This is a simple design, but I love this poppy stamp from the Sale a Bration set Punch Bunch, and this color combo (Rich Razzleberry and Wild Wasabi) is a favorite of mine.


Using the same "Punch Bunch" set, the Owl Punch, and the Ice Cream Parlor SAB paper, I created this cute thank you card. I love this little owl, he makes me smile.

I always find a need for more masculine cards, and think this one (using Thoughts and Prayers) works well for masculine, and would work with nearly any sentiment. I know it is pretty simple, but I really like it a lot.

Here is another birthday card, using the new Bring on the Cake set. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this set. I can't believe how many good stamps are in one birthday set! I used the Ice Cream Parlor paper, ribbon and button on this card - Can you tell I really like this paper - I love each and every piece, and need to make sure I earn more SAB goodies so I can get a couple more packs!

Using the same design as the Sympathy card above, I created this card using Baby Blooms and the Springtime Vintage paper. I think this card would be lovely for Mothers Day, Birthday, Easter...anything really.


And Finally, I created this birthday card using the Aviary set - finally got around to buying it! I love this set, and can see me using it a ton. I also love this color combo - Poppy Parade, Pear Pizzaz, Tempting Turquoise and Black.

Okay, that's it for now. I really do hope to check in again soon, since I hope to get back to creating just a little more regularly. Now I am off to decide which cards to use for my class...

1 comment:

Paula said...

Your have some real winners!
My favorites...A bit different from the norm are......
> For You using Baby Blooming
> One with Aviary Set
> HB the colorful one using Ice Cream parlour set
> With deep sympathy with the framed tulips emobossing folder
> The owls